This page was last updated on: March 31, 2013
Charge to the Sons of Confederate Veterans:
"To you, Sons of Confederate Veterans, we submit the vindication of the Cause for which we fought; to your strength will be given the defense of the Confederate soldier's good name, the guardianship of his history, the emulation of his virtues, the perpetuation of those principles he loved and which made him glorious and which you also cherish. Remember, it is your duty to see that the true history of the South is presented to future generations."
- Lt. General Stephen Dill Lee, Commander General United Confederate Veterans, New Orleans, LA, April 25, 1906.
Camp Battle Honors
- MS Division Camp of the Year - 2004
- MS Division Scrap Book Award -2002 - 2007, 2009, 2012
- National Scrapbook Award - 2004, 2005; 2007
- MS Division Compatriot of the Year: Dan McCaskill (2004), Larry McCluney, Jr. (2007)
- MS Division Young Compatriot of the Year Award: Pierre Westbrook (2008), Nathan Bedford Forrest McCaskill (2010)
- MS Division Brigade Comander of the Year: Larry McCluney, Jr. (2004)
- Host of the MS Division 2009 Reunion in Greenwood, MS
- Joe Shelby Award; Arkansas Division (2011) - Earl McCown
- Father Abraham Ryans Graves Award (2012) - W.A. Burton
Music provided by the 2nd South Carolina String Band. Click on thier Icon to hear more.
Welcome to the
Brig/Gen Benjamin G. Humphreys Camp #1625
Indianola, MS . . . Established March 1993
Mississippi Division - Sons of Confederate Veterans
Brig/Gen Benjamin G. Humphreys
"It is my philosophy that though the South lost all but honor to save that honor, it was better to have fought and lost than not to fight at all." ----- Brig/Gen Benjamin G. Humphreys
- April 4 Meeting will feature Past Division Chapalin James Taylor
- April 6 - Symposium at the Museum of the MS Delta
- April 14 - CS Memorial Service at Greenville Cemetery
- April 20 - Soldier's Rest Dedication in Vicksburg
- April 26 - CS Memorial at Beauvior
- Bricks for Beauvoir - Help rebuild Beauvior and enhance the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier by purchasing Memorial Bricks for your Ancestor. $50.00 each and your brick will be placed around the tomb to create a plaza.
See photos of the restoration? Click Beauvoir logo
at the bottom of the page.
Want to join the Friends of Beauvoir?
Click the Logo above for more information!
Click here for the latest issue of the
the Camp Newsletter
Sign Guestbook View Entries
Welcome to the Brig/Gen Benjamin G. Humphreys Camp # 1625 which serves the MS Delta. We are very active in educational programs, Confederate headstone/cemetery dedications, Confederate Memorial Day ceremonies, and preservation projects. There is a ladies auxillary, the Ella Palmer Chapter #9, Order of Confederate Rose, that supports the Camp and the Brig./Gen. Charles Clark Chapter #253, a Chapter of the Military Order of the Stars and Bars for those who are descendants of Confederate Officers. We meet every first Thursday of the month at 7:00 pm at the First Presbyterian Church Fellowship Hall on Catchings Street in Indianola, MS. Our meetings are always open to the public and you are invited to bring the whole family.
Camp directions are below and check us out on Facbook. Just click on the symbols.
Exhibits open January 26, 2013 till
August 31, 2013
Commemorating the War for Southern Independence on the Mississippi Delta
(Click Icon at left for more information)